I made these bunny slippers a couple years ago for a cloth doll. They're glued on. But there's no reason they can't be made for a clay doll or made as removable slippers. Here's how I made this pair.
Pink felt or fabric or paint
Small piece of white lightweight sheepskin fabric or something fuzzy
Pink embroidery floss
2 tiny black beads
Small piece of cardboard (cereal box will do)
- Trace dolls foot to create pattern for sole of slippers. (Make it slightly larger than doll's foot).
- Use pattern to cut 2 slipper soles out of white felt and 1 out of thin cardboard...for each foot!
- Cardboard will create stiffness and stability for the sole. Sandwich the cardboard between the 2 pieces of felt and glue all 3 pieces together. Make one sole for each foot and set aside to dry.
- Cut a circle of sheepskin fabric large enough to wrap around toe of doll's foot. Cut circle in half to create toe section for each slipper with the half circle.
- Free form cut 4 bunny ears from white felt...2 for each slipper. Glue pink 'insides' to each ear using a sliver of pink felt for each or a piece of fabric. Lacking either one of those you could always paint the inner ear pink.
- Glue 2 ears to center of straight edge of each slipper toe.
- Fit toe of slipper to dolls foot. Wrap excess fabric around foot and glue to bottom of foot. Trim excess if needed.
- Glue slipper sole made in steps 1-3 to bottom of each foot, covering fabric edges from step 7.
- Glue or stitch 2 black beads to toe of each slipper for bunny's eyes.
- Satin stitch a triangle with pink floss to create bunny nose on each slipper.
All done! This is original doll that slippers were made for.....Auntie Marion!